Re: c/c++ project management and debugging

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: c/c++ project management and debugging
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:55:44 +0100

Am 10.01.2011 17:18, schrieb Richard Riley:
Gary<help-gnu-emacs@garydjones.name>  writes:

Le Wang wrote:

My opinion of Eclipse aside, generally, when someone argues<noun>  is
<adjective>  because Google results count is xxx, you should seriously
question
that side of the argument.

I didn't claim it was slow "because Google results count is xxx", I
claimed that it was slow because that was my experience. Stop trying to
put words in my "mouth".

Eclipse isn't slow when using it. Well, not really any appreciable
amount slower than any other dekstop GUI editor. And its certainly a lot
more powerful than most if you are a programmer dealing with multiple
languages or wanting a common look and feel IDE for all projects. Mixed
mode in debian is kind of ok with nxhtml, but Java is nigh on impossible
(well, hard work - what is the status with JDEE now?), python is a
confusing mess (multiple python modes floating around)

Hi Richard,

can't contradict basically, but let me say: python-mode.el
at https://launchpad.net/python-mode

got some momentum.

What about joining the team?
In case you join, I'll propose a milestone "python auto-completion-mode"
during next weeks.

Cheers

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode-components
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

 : of course the
benefits of Eclipse also introduce some overheads but not ones I feel
are detrimental to any development process.