Re: Committing only specific hunks in VC

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Committing only specific hunks in VC
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:40:04 +0200

On 11.01.2011 7:40, Deniz Dogan wrote:
I have a bunch of files that have been modified and I'd like to commit
all of these changes except for one hunk in one of the files.

How would I do this from Emacs? I've heard that it's possible to stage
only specific hunks in magit, but I'm using Mercurial.

I usually save common patch in '.diff' like file.

Then in diff-mode can revert patch (C-c C-r), then apply C-c C-a for hunks that
don't  like.

After than commit and revert '.diff' again to apply reverted hunks.

This allow don't depend on deep VCS knowledge and available/missing features.

Also I practice storing 2 copy of source - working and original/clean.
Applying parts of '.diff' to clean source tree, test, commit and then update
working tree.