Re: restore region after replace-string

From: LanX
Subject: Re: restore region after replace-string
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 05:23:18 -0800 (PST)

> Can anybody shed any light on this, or point me in a better direction?

hmm I tried to find any switch in the documentation, but AFAIS it's an
integral feature of transient-mark-mode to disable the highlighting
after any changes in the buffer: 'Changing the buffer "deactivates"
the mark.'

C-h d mark.*mode will help you list all commands related to this
behavior.

I have two suggestions

- either explicitely mark the region by memorizing point and mark or
getting those positions from the mark-ring

- or use narrow-to-region and widen afterwords, like this you can use
anything you want on the region.

HTH
  Rolf