RE: How speedup find-dired?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How speedup find-dired?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:57:38 -0800

> > As I wrote there are many useless data, I need only file names!
>
> You cannot do with file names alone, since Dired needs the "ls" format
> shown above,

But you can hide everything except the file names, if you like. When you do want
to see some of the "useless data" (e.g. modification time), just hit a key to
toggle the display.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DiredDetails

> or else it will not work.

Dired works just fine with the details hidden - no problem.  You can still do
anything you would do otherwise, including marking files and acting on them,
inserting subdirs, omitting files - anything.