Re: Open Hypspec with w3m

From: Krzysztof Bieniasz
Subject: Re: Open Hypspec with w3m
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:11:50 +0000 (UTC)

> Me too.  I was exploring and (blush) discovered that my alt key is
> hooked up as "super".  Been using GNU emacs since it first appeared in,
> what was it 86 or so?, and I didn't know that!  I knew that emacs had
> the lisp super concept but didn't know that it was hooked up on my Mac.

That's funny. My Emacs recognizes the "windows key" as Super and the
"menu key" as M-x. There are no predefined s- keybindings in Emacs
(AFAIK) so it's a wonderful opportunity for customizations. It seams that
the "windows key" won't be disappearing from the PC keyboards anytime
soon -- although it should be considered a criminal offense to place the
logo there. There is also the possibility of rebinding the "menu key" to
Hyper allowing for still greater amount of customizations. It could be
almost like working on a Lisp Machine :).

KB