Re: Open Hypspec with w3m (morphed into keyboards, etc)

From: Krzysztof Bieniasz
Subject: Re: Open Hypspec with w3m (morphed into keyboards, etc)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:35:02 +0000 (UTC)

> I think they roughly match up.  Moving left from the space bar, on the
> Mac, you have the "command" key, then the "alt / option" key, then the
> control key, and then another key sometimes called control and other
> times called "fn" on the laptop's keyboard.

Mac's "option/alt" key is in the place of PC's "windows" key while the
"command" key (the one with an apple) is in the place of PC's alt key. To
further confuse things the "windows" key is only on the left while
symmetrically on the right we have the "menu" key. And the right Alt is
in fact an "AltGr" which is a different modifier then the left Alt.
Furthermore some keyboards (especially on laptops) have a "Fn" modifier
for hardware operations, which is placed only on the left, between the
"control" and "windows". So obviously your Alt and my "windows" are the
same key, only they have different names.