[Xming + emacsclient] How to load a library in an emacsclient call

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: [Xming + emacsclient] How to load a library in an emacsclient call
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 16:31:01 -0600

Can anyone coach me about syntax or other format items to do this:

Call emacs using emacsclient but including a call to load a specific
library.

It doesn't end there though.

The call is being executed through Xming *.launch script from windows
7.

I have no problem calling emacs via emacslcient thru Xming.  Its just
that I'm not sure how to include an emacs command into the same
command line.

If I could see how to do the above from the linux cmdline I'm pretty
sure I could figure out to work it into an xming script, but, I'm not
even sure how to do this at a linux command prompt beyond calling
emacs like this:

 (the server running is named `nognus'
  emacsclient -s nognus -c

That will start emacs from the named daemon.  But how to have emacs to
load a specific library when called?

The emacsclient man page seems to indicate that the `-e' switch might do
what I want.  So I thought if used in tandem with the other command
like this:

(NOTE: the xming-on-m1 `library' sets a specific font and bkg foregrd colors
to use on a specific host `m1')

emacsclient -s nognus -e "(load-library \"xming-on-m1\")" ; \
emacsclient -s nognus -c

That doesn't work... there are no errors but the resulting emacs does
not have the xming-on-m1 library loaded.  So I guess it needs to be
worked into a single command.

So cutting to the chase:

The question is how to make emacs read a specific library or file in
an emacsclient command line.