Re: Windows7 and .emacs files

From: Matthew Pettis
Subject: Re: Windows7 and .emacs files
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:20:57 -0600

Thank you all for your help!  I did the C-x X-f ~/.emacs, and it worked!

Thanks again,
Matt

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> wrote:
Michel Chassey <mycuser@gmail.com> writes:

> Also setting an environement variable called HOME   =
> c:\path\to\my\preferred\etc. in My Computer system will enable emacs to find
> it just about anywhere on C:  ?

After setting HOME you can load .emacs via

 C-x C-f ~/.emacs RET

Note the ~ which represents "home"

--
Vagn Johansen

--
Seven Deadly Sins (Gandhi):
  - Wealth without work             - Politics without principle