Re: Apple Events

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Apple Events
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:11:32 +0100

Am 15.02.2011 um 01:49 schrieb Perry Smith:

./configure --with-mac --enable-mac-app --prefix=/usr/local/src/ emacs-23.2/mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources --exec_prefix=/usr/local/ src/emacs-23.2/mac/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS

I don't see why --prefix= and --exec_prefix are useful... I prefer to build the X client as well, so the "Mac" version does not need to be self-contained.

One question: is there any effort to get this work moved into the standard distribution. I'm a little confused with all this. Seems like emacs-22 stock had it but now emacs-23 doesn't in favor of the Next Step method.

The developer of the AppKit+Carbon variant claims that a merger will happen.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?
                                - Tom Stoppard