Re: view whole tree

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: view whole tree
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:59:22 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 16, 9:42 am, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crott...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to be able to see (in dired) the whole directory structure of my
> directory
>
> A simple way is probably to pass the right result of "ls" to dired, but maybe
> there are more
> general and smarter solutions already implemented.
>
> I think I've read somewhere it was possible but I can't find it anywhere in
> the doc..

Hello Andrea,

You may want to have a look at the Sunrise Commander, either with or
without the Tree extension:

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Sunrise_Commander

With the Tree extension you can press C-Return to recursively unfold
the current subtree, showing all the subdirectories inside it and how
they're nested within one another. Without the Tree extension, you
can press C-c b (sr-flatten-branch), select "d" to display all the
directories inside the current branch and then (eventually) sort them
using different criteria.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.