Re: encoding in *compilation-buffer*

From: tlanglois
Subject: Re: encoding in *compilation-buffer*
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 05:55:25 -0800 (PST)

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 15.02.2011 um 23:03 schrieb tlanglois:
>
>> Is there a way to fix this ?
>
> Use xterm in UTF-8 mode (maybe uxterm) and set environment variables
> LC_CTYPE (and LANG too) to some UTF-8 based value (for example
> de_DE.UTF-8).

Thanks for responding.

I've done what you suggest. In a uxterm I have :
$ locale
LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL=

but I get the same weird output in emacs.
If I issue the compilation command in a uxterm (o xterm with same locale
settings) the message is normal :
$ make -f make-javatolatex
gcc javatolatex.c -o javatolatex -lfl
javatolatex.lex:11: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘void’
make: *** [javatolatex] Error 1

So it seems to be an emacs-related problem and not a problem related to the
terminal.

T.