Re: Porting emacs

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Porting emacs
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:10:46 +0000

On 2011-02-18 12:15, Boris Moskalev wrote:
Hello
I'm trying to porting emacs to z/OS now. And now I have some problem
with porting due there is using EBCDIC encoding.
Could you help me for that problem. May be exist simple answer and I
just have to add codes of EBCDIC somewhere.

How about check (written Emacs version 19.34):

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/unix/library/IBM+Redbooks/index.html#emacs

If I proper remember when we port cryptographic lib to z/OS
we only convert source (ANSI C) encoding from ASCII to EBCDIC
to compile sources with XL compiler for z/OS.

There are exist GCC for this platform, but we have trouble
with it (static library from GCC binary incompatible with XL
but I don't remember how).

Ask more specific questions.

--
Best regards!