Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:56:06 +0000

On 11/21/2010 9:09 AM, James Freer wrote:

VM i find a little heavy! for my knowledge - is there another site
which is easier to follow for a newbie
http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/user-manual/vm_2.html#SEC5
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ViewMailAndImap

Hi, I haven't checked this newsgroup for a while, and just noticed that there were queries about VM here.

I rewrote to EmacsWiki page on ViewMailAndImap to make it easier. Please try it and let me have any comments. It is not hard, really. Just a bit of detail. For the next release of VM, I am planning to introduce the URL syntax for IMAP folders, which is now pretty much standardized. That should make things easier still.

For queries on VM, you would better of writing them or cross-posting to gnu.emacs.vm.info newsgroup, which gets monitored much more regularly.

Cheers,
Uday Reddy