Re: Synchronizing Gmail inbox using Emacs (rmail mode *or* other mode)

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: Synchronizing Gmail inbox using Emacs (rmail mode *or* other mode)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:35:12 +0000

On 2/12/2011 4:35 PM, Umar wrote:
I'd like to know if there is an utility to synchronize my Gmail inbox using
Emacs (I am a fan of Rmail mode).

I don't think Rmail can synchronize with IMAP servers (of which gmail is one).

However, you might consider moving to VM, which can work with Rmail-style folders and synchronize with IMAP servers.

You might be able to find VM in your Linux distribution, or you can download it from here:

  http://www.nongnu.org/viewmail/

Cheers,
Uday