Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?

From: Cthun
Subject: Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 01:21:08 -0500

On 26/02/2011 3:13 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Anything I'm working on that would be expensive to lose goes under
version control anyway.
Then woe betide you if you ever work on, say, a novel rather
than a computer program.

Don't know about novels, but at least revision control works very well
for academic publications.

Oh, really? I for one cannot recall ever seeing a version 1.5 of a novel or a version 2.0 of a magazine article.