Re: print out all members of a list, v.1.0

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: print out all members of a list, v.1.0
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 12:06:23 +0100

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com> writes:

> Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> writes:
>> Emacs Lisp is mostly a reimplementation of MockLisp, the dialect that
>> was used in Gosling Emacs, which was the original inspiration for GNU
>> Emacs.  It's also very much like MACLISP, the dialect that RMS had
>> been using for over a decade.
>>
>> So he didn't design his own language, he was basically sticking with
>> what he knew and liked.
>
> MacLisp probably.  CL is inspired a lot from MacLisp too.  But I've
> read that MockLisp was far from being a full lisp (as its name would
> imply), and that it was probably the reason why RMS had to write a new
> real lisp for his emacs.

I suggest you google for a bit of history about Stallman and Gosling
Emacs.  Not being able to use Gosling Emacs/MockLisp any more even
though many contributions to it were _intended_ to be made freely
available was actually the reason for Stallman to stop believing in
universal goodness and create the GPL.

--
David Kastrup