Re: EasyPG Assistant and emacs -nw

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: EasyPG Assistant and emacs -nw
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 07:17:49 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 28, 12:26 am, Wang Lei <f3d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> emacs 24.0.50.3 can't reproduce it.

I finally gave it a try and it still fails.

I first thought that the issue may had been related to my .emacs
config but starting emacs with '-Q --no-desktop' still has the
problem.

I also tried with emacs with and without X support but both have the
issue.

When trying to open the encrypted document, I have the following
message in my mini buffer:

/home/fmoreau/Documents: 0% (0/787)

and it seems that it's waiting to me for entering my passphrase.

And in the terminal where I started emacs, I have this message that
appears:

+| You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for user: ...

but I cannot enter anything since the prompt looks broken.

Also I noticed that theres is the pinentry-ncurses running.

So the question is why does emacs uses pinentry-ncurses at all ? why
doesn't it use the mini buffer for entering my passphrase ?

Thanks