Re: compilation errors of trunk version on mac os x expected?

From: Matthew L Daniel
Subject: Re: compilation errors of trunk version on mac os x expected?
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 16:43:09 +0100

thanks steve!  sounds like a good idea and I switched to compiling
this way.  it seems, unfortunately, that this does not eliminate the
crashes I see.  for example,
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.bug/browse_thread/thread/ffec5839b1b859c5

I wish one of the developers on Mac would look into this and ask for
more details etc...

cheers, E
FWIW, I have been building nightly Emacs from trunk for the past few days and it always builds fine here. I am not an Emacs developer, though, so I couldn't pretend to address the issue in your link.

Emacs reports:
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.6.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.35)
 of 2011-03-05 on machine.local

Similar to what Steve said, my build script is thus (and is run from cron, so $PATH itself is pretty sparse):

set -e
# it needs chown which amazingly is not in /usr/bin
PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin
./configure --with-ns
make bootstrap
make install