Re: EasyPG Assistant and emacs -nw

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: EasyPG Assistant and emacs -nw
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 08:53:37 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 5, 5:14 pm, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 05.03.2011 um 16:17 schrieb Francis Moreau:
>
> > why doesn't it use the mini buffer for entering my passphrase ?
>
> Because it's safe (no undo here) and your input is not echoed, i.e.,
> it is invisible.

Safe ?

That looks totaly boggus the way it currently is.

First, looking at the prompt, input not echoed just make me think that
something is broken.

But what happens if I start emacs in the background ? or if emacs is
started from an application launcher with no stdin or stdout ?

Please give me a way to enter my passphrase as I always did, that is
from the mini buffer, even if it's unsafe from the point of view of
paranoids !

Thanks