Re: Indenting paragraphs manually

From: rusi
Subject: Re: Indenting paragraphs manually
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 00:18:16 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 6, 4:28 am, PJ Weisberg <p...@irregularexpressions.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Dani Moncayo <dmonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What I was expecting:
> >  - The selected lines move to the next tab-stop.
> >  - The region remains active, so that I can repeat the indentation
> > several times in a row.
>
> > What I see:
> >  - The selected lines are not not moved at all.
> >  - The region is deactivated.
>
> > Please, could someone explain this? Am I missing something?  (I guess I
> > am, and that's why I'm posting to help-gnu-emacs instead of
> > bug-gnu-emacs)
>
> It certainly does seem like a bug to me.  I would go ahead and report
> it with M-x report-emacs-bug.
>
> -PJ

Theres more strange (buggy?) behavior here.

I took the text (note flush left):

In text modes, <TAB> inserts some combination of space and tab
characters to advance point to the next tab stop (*note Tab Stops).
If the region is active and spans multiple lines, it advances the
first
character of each of those lines to the next tab stop (*note Using
Region).  [...]

Then did the described action (except for turning transient-mode on)
At first it put 1 tab at start of each line

The second time it added 1 tab on 1st line,2 on second, 3 on third, 4
on fourth etc !!