Re: Printing Prolog with the standard GNU Emacs in the Windows 7

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Printing Prolog with the standard GNU Emacs in the Windows 7
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 05:56:54 +0200

> From: Antti J Ylikoski <antti.ylikoski@elisanet.fi>
> Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 22:32:50 +0200
>
> So far I have not succeeded in printing the contents of buffers, or
> files, with the standard GNU Emacs which I downloaded from the venerable
> GNU site.
>
> Could somebody help?  Even if this actually turns out to be a so-called
> simpleminded question.

Did you try the advice in the Emacs manual?  It is in the node named
"Windows Printing".

If you tried that and it didn't work, I suggest to install PrintFile
(http://www.lerup.com/printfile/) and configure lpr-command and
lpr-switches, resp. ps-lpr-command and ps-lpr-switches to have the
Emacs print commands use that program as a printer spooler.  (The
above-mentioned node in the manual explains how to do these
customizations and shows an example.)  PrintFile can print to the
default system printer or to any other printer defined on your Windows
box.