Changing the default spelling dictionary to British English

From: Peter Flynn
Subject: Changing the default spelling dictionary to British English
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 22:06:04 +0000

I can't seem to find any mention in the FAQ or on web sites about how to change the default spellcheck dictionary from American English to British English (permanently), and it doesn't seem to be a config option in the Emacs menus. I'm using Emacs 23 as shipped with Ubuntu 10.4 and the only check I run is M-x ispell-buffer RET

Or is this something that has to be configured externally, in some ispell config?

///Peter