RE: Ido only shows one file in directory

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Ido only shows one file in directory
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:03:05 -0800

> I'm trying to see a listing of files in a directory using IDO where
> there are several .org and .txt files. But IDO only shows me ONE of
> the files. I have to switch off IDO and view it with dired to see
> what's really there.
>
> It must have something to do with history, but I can't imagine what.
> I've deleted the ido files in my home directory and restarted EMACS.
> Still no joy. In other directories, I can see all the files with IDO,
> so I don't know what's so special about this one.
>
> What do I have to do to get IDO to show everything?

An Ido user can probably help more (I don't use it), but looking quickly in
ido.el I don't see anything special regarding .org or .txt files.

What happens when you turn off ido-mode and use regular file-name completion
(`C-x C-f ... TAB')?  Do you see .org and .txt files as candidates?  If so, then
yes, it is Ido-specific.

If not, then perhaps something has changed `completion-ignored-extensions' so
that it includes ".org" and ".txt".  Check: `C-h v
completion-ignored-extensions'.