Re: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: `save-excursion' defeated by `set-buffer'
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 02:11:39 +0000

On 3/12/2011 7:00 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

OTOH we need compiler warnings for serious things.

Trust me, this is indeed a serious problem. Those of us that maintain large pieces of elisp code have months or years worth of work ahead to clean up those problems.

So my suggestion is simply to drop that warning.

You can drop it yourself by removing 'suspicious from byte-compile-warnings.

Or, more simply, you can replace save-excursion in the problem cases by save-current-buffer and the warnings will go away. You haven't said anything in response to this suggestion of mine. Before asking Emacs developers to change the compiler, perhaps you should explain why you are not able to follow that suggestion?

Cheers,
Uday