Re: mouse-down-2 sometimes does not paste

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: mouse-down-2 sometimes does not paste
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:21:57 +0100

Ulrich Scholz <d7@thispla.net> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm using Gnu Emacs 23.2.1 on Kubuntu 10.10.  I often copy text by
> marking it with the sequence down-mouse-1 and down-mouse-3 mouse-3
> (left and right button) and inserting it with down-mouse-2 (middle
> button).
>
> Since quite some versions, inserting does not always work.  Sometimes,
> the text "jumps" a bit instead, i.e., the text shown in the editor
> scrolls up one line.  On the second or third try, inserting eventually
> succeeds.
>
> Does anyone know this behaviour/bug? What info should I give when
> posting the bug report?

Sounds like a scroll-wheel problem.  There are various variables for
dealing with various aspects of those problems.  For example:

mouse-wheel-inhibit-click-time is a variable defined in `mwheel.el'.
Its value is 0.35

Documentation:
Time in seconds to inhibit clicking on mouse wheel button after scroll.

You can customize this variable.

[back]

--
David Kastrup