Re: convert ascii table to latex table in emacs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: convert ascii table to latex table in emacs
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:04:57 +0100

Hi Pedro,

Pedro Costa <psdc1978@gmail.com> writes:

> I've created a table in latex in emacs with the command M-x table-insert.
>
> But this created a table in literal characters, like this:
>
> +------+-----+------+
> |xxxxx|xxxx|xxxxx|
> +------+-----+------+

Because table-insert is part of table.el (which see.)

> Now, I would like to convert this ascii table to a latex table. Is it
> possible?

Have a look at Org, which is also part of GNU Emacs.  Check the manual
for Org tables here:

  C-h i m Org TAB RET m Tables RET

or on the web:

  http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables.html

You can easily create ascii tables then convert them to LaTeX.

HTH,

--
 Bastien