Re: el-get question

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: el-get question
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:44:35 -0500

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:01:27 +0100 henry atting <nsmp_02@online.de> wrote:

ha> Thanks again! I now have these lines for the latest orgmode which works
ha> pretty well

ha> (setq el-get-sources
ha>  '(
ha> ...
ha>    (:name org-mode
ha> ;;     :build ("make clean" "make")
ha>      :after (lambda ()
ha>             (setq load-path (remove "~/rechner/emacs-trunk/lisp/org/"
ha> load-path))
ha>           ))
ha> ))

I'm glad you found the right recipe.

ha> I found two or three threads on the web where people ran into the same
ha> problems like me. One problem is the load path. If I e.g. install
ha> `dired+` with el-get-install where is it afterwards? Why can't I load it
ha> with load-library?

Ask the el-get developers, I started using it recently too :)

ha> Anyway, I am using emacs more than 5 years now without some package
ha> helper. To update modes like orgmode which I pull from git I have a
ha> little script which updates all at once. The single *.el files I put in
ha> a directory and generate autoloads. That's it.

I used to do that, until the script was 200 lines and using Mercurial,
Git, CVS, Subversion, and hacked curl chains.  It worked, sure, but I
didn't *like* to run it.  That's when I said "enough."

Ted