Gnus with SSL on Windows 7

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Gnus with SSL on Windows 7
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:24:39 +0100

I'm trying to set up Gnus on a Windows 7 system.  I've come a

This is my entire Gnus configuration:

----

(require 'gnus)
(setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "fripost"
                                  (nnimap-address "imap.fripost.org")
                                  (nnimap-server-port 993)
                                  (nnimap-stream ssl)))

----

I've installed OpenSSL 1.0.0 for Windows and customized the variable
`tls-program' as such:

----

'(tls-program ("C:/openssl-win32/bin/openssl.exe s_client -connect
%h:%p -no_ssl2 -ign_eof"))

----

I have my authentication credentials in ~/.authinfo.

When I do M-x gnus, Emacs connects and displays a few successful
messages in the echo area but then just hangs until I C-g.

This is the content of the buffer named
*nnimap imap.fripost.org 993  *nntpd**:

----

* OK Dovecot ready.^M

----

Then after a while this comes up:

----

* BYE Disconnected for inactivity.^M
 done^M
depth=0 CN = imap.fripost.org^M
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate^M
verify return:1^M
depth=0 CN = imap.fripost.org^M
verify error:num=27:certificate not trusted^M
verify return:1^M
depth=0 CN = imap.fripost.org^M
verify error:num=21:unable to verify the first certificate^M
verify return:1^M
read:errno=0^M

Process *nnimap* finished

----

Note that the buffer of course doesn't contain the letters "^M", I
merely translated the "C-q C-m" character to avoid any encoding issues
that may or may not occur.

So any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

--
Deniz Dogan