Re: Irrelevant digression [was: Re: bug in elisp... or in elisper???]

From: ken
Subject: Re: Irrelevant digression [was: Re: bug in elisp... or in elisper???]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:46:07 -0400

On 03/23/2011 12:52 PM Le Wang wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:40 AM, ken <gebser@mousecar.com> wrote:
>> I read dozens of pages and see no gain or merit in reading back through
>> all of them to verify what I read
>
> You don't see any merit to removing misinformation so that others who
> do the same search as you aren't led down the wrong path?  Isn't that
> why we are here, to help each other better use Emacs?

Le, you bring a good point.  However, it's not often possible to contact
the author of a webpage and if you do somehow do that, who knows if that
author reads email and if so would bother to make the change.  More
importantly, as said, I don't have the time or the inclination to search
out that page.  I understand the web has bad information and accept that
fact.  If I wanted to fix inaccuracies on the web, there are many more
of vastly greater import.   If I do happen to run across the page again,
however, I'll post it back here and then anyone who wants to can have at
the author.  Also, you could search for yourself; I googled for things
like: emacs, elisp, regular expression(s), and other things, all of
which I can't recall now.

In addition, these list discussions are archived, right?  So people
will--  or should-- find them and hopefully won't succumb to the same
inaccuracy as I did.

If you feel the situation demands more than that, then you have your
website with quite a bit of information on elisp.  (I've read quite a
bit there.  It's a pretty good site... and gets respectable search
rankings.)  Post the information there.  Heck, the article is virtually
written for you already.