Re: Emacs23.3: can't get w3m-el-snapshot to install to appropriate path

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs23.3: can't get w3m-el-snapshot to install to appropriate path
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 00:11:30 +0100

Am 23.03.2011 um 21:19 schrieb Dylan:

How can I get make to recognize and install to the Cocoa Emacs directory?

Try to follow Herbert's suggestion with

        ./configure --with-emacs=/full/path/bin/emacs

and the full path being something like:

        /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

This binary inside the APP package is actually what is being executed. And you can invoke it on the command line as for example:

        /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs --help

--
Greetings

  Pete

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."
                                – Isaac Asimov