Re: Gnus with SSL on Windows 7

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: Gnus with SSL on Windows 7
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:57:46 +0100

2011/3/24 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:11:23 +0100 Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> DD> Thanks, I was finally able to figure it out.  The section "For
> DD> the impatient" could do with some improvement though, e.g. by
> DD> mentioning early on where the user can install cp.exe and other
> DD> coreutils.  Maybe I'll write a patch for it some day.
>
> Excellent!  The ChangeLog portion will probably fail (the Bazaar
> ChangeLog merge plugin may help, but honestly ChangeLogs are just a
> pain) but the rest of the patch should apply cleanly.
>
> With the patch, you *need* to (require 'gnutls) in your .emacs or
> .gnus.el before any connections are made.  That's it; all network
> connections using SSL or opportunistic TLS should automatically use the
> C suppport through proto-stream.el magic.  Set `gnutls-log-level' to 1
> or higher to see what's happening in *Messages*, especially the
> certificate and hostname validation.
>
> I'd love to know if you notice any unusual behavior on W32.
>
> Sorry about the EAGAIN error repeated thousands of times, I've asked
> Claudio to fix it (you can remove it from gnutls.c yourself, of course).

I'm having problems with using the latest patch I found from you in
the emacs-devel thread.  The attachment is called callbacks.patch. Is
this the one I should use?

Could you send me a bzr bundle instead?

I don't think there's anythng wrong with your patch as such, but my
patch.exe seems broken:

d:\repos\emacs-trunk>patch < callbacks.patch
patching file configure.in
Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Deniz Dogan