Re: mode-line foreground

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: mode-line foreground
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 10:12:01 +1100

Bogolisk <bogolisk@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> my mode-line's #foreground is customized to "white"
> my frame-background-mode is customized to 'dark
>
> However, whenever I open a new frame, the mode-line's foreground is always
> set to #101010. I have absolutely no idea where that (#101010) came from?
> All (most?) of the other faces respect the customization except for
> "mode-line" and I can't understand why!!!!
>
> Thank you

You have not provided enough specific details to help much.

What version of Emacs? This is important as there have been a few
changes in mode-line faces since emacs 21.

How are you customizing the face i.e. in your .emacs or by using
customize?

If you run M-x list-faces-display and click on the sample text for the
mode-line face, what does it show? If you click on the face name and
customize it, does that help?

What environment are you running udner i.e. X, xterm, console, windows,
Mac, etc. It is possible to get some unexpected colour mappings
depending on the environment, range of colours available etc.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au