Re: Past appointments

From: Lowell Gilbert
Subject: Re: Past appointments
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:30:47 -0400

Bastian Ballmann <balle@chaostal.de> writes:

> I am searching for the feature that appt alerts me on past appointments
> that I may have missed.
> Any hint or link or elisp snippet on how to do that?
> TIA && have a nice day!

In the past, I have used fancy diary entries to display for a particular
day but after that, continue displaying until I removed them.  An
example I have sitting around:

&%%(let ((dayname (calendar-day-of-week date))
         (year (nth 2 date))
          (day (nth 1 date))
           (month (nth 0 date)))
            (and (= month 4)
                  (>= day 22)
                        (= year 2010)
                              (equal (calendar-current-date) date))) pick up
suit
&Apr 22, 2008 5pm suit is ready

These days, though, I use org-mode, which has better support for
tracking events (as opposed to dates).  I still use diary for things
like birthdays.  I think there are some other scheduling packages around
with other capabilities, but I can't find any pointers at this moment.