Re: emulate readline

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emulate readline
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 22:21:26 +0200

Am 06.04.2011 um 21:44 schrieb fork:

I want to be able to replay all the commands I have typed in, subsetted by their initial string which I have so far typed into the minibuffer, with each press of
my up-arrow key.

So start with C-x ESC ESC and then arrow up! Arrow up. Arrow up. ...

If you haven't done this in a shell, you probably dont have any idea what I am
talking about

Yes, I'm no bash fan, I don't have the time to browse in my past commands for an eternity. Or half.

Since you've got so much time to browse in your command history, couldn't you find some to browse the GNU Emacs documentation? The Help menu offers some entry points you could browse through. You might some concept that might come close to your wish.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"A TRUE Klingon warrior does not comment his code."