Re: Change C-d binding from delete-char to backward-delete-char-untabify

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: Change C-d binding from delete-char to backward-delete-char-untabify
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:19:06 +0200

"B. T. Raven" <nihil@nihilo.net> writes:

> I notice that I use both of these functions in my .emacs:
>
> global-set-key
> define-key global-map
>
> Is it enough to make the new binding with either of these or does the
> default binding have to be unbound first? What is the difference between
> using those two methods? Can I then use the same method to bind
> [backspace] to delete-char?

I always use global-set-key, I'm not sure what could be the difference
between the two methods anyway.

Bu yes you don't need to unbound anything before, and just use
global-set-key after everything else is loaded and you'll be fine.

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2011-03-04 on plaetekopp