Re: error in replace-match: "args out of range" [SOLVED]

From: PJ Weisberg
Subject: Re: error in replace-match: "args out of range" [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:09:06 -0700

M-x report-emacs-bug is probably the best way.  The docstrings for
match-string and replace-match should emphasize that ANY code that
deals with strings--notably code that gives control to the user--is
liable to replace the "last matched" string, so those functions should
be called right away after you do the match.

--

-PJ