Re: Kedit-like ALL command for emacs

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Kedit-like ALL command for emacs
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 23:36:31 +0530

brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com> writes:

> After reviewing what KEDIT ALL is; it seems to me all you want to do
> is--in an EMACS buffer--regardless of the version or type of EMACS:

> Mx list-matching-lines

I haven't used KEDIT.

I did try out all.el. Within the occur-like buffer that all.el pops up,
one can edit the matches and have the replacements propagated to the
searched buffers.

But list-matching-lines pops up a read-only buffer. Also the last line
of the docstring says `In any case the searched buffers are not
modified'.

I think OP wanted something where the searched buffers are modified from
within the occur buffer.

Jambunathan K.