Re: auto-complete

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: auto-complete
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:01:51 +1000

I've started using auto-complete.el while editing my C++ sources, it's
great... when auto completions occur. I mean, it seems it works only
with a per session db, when I start a new file it starts over with an
empty set of symbols to fill in again, and it's quite annoying.
Is there any way to keep the symbols between sessions. Or, better, make
AC scan my lib path to have a complete set of symbols once for all.

it may be worth checking or customising the value of 'ac-comphist-file' variable, and possibly 'ac-user-dictionary' for the 2nd part of your question