Re: Emacs key bindings not working

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Emacs key bindings not working
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:35:22 +0530

<Ravi.Balasubramanian@emc.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I recently installed the p4.el library for emacs integration with
> perforce. It makes life so much easier working with p4 and
> emacs. However, I have installed the library and have added the
> following lines to my .emacs:
>
> (require 'p4)
> (load-library "p4")
>

> The library is loaded perfectly fine and all functions are working
> perfectly fine through emacs when I do a M-x and then the function
> name. However, when I try to use the Key bindings, emacs always
> complain saying the command is not found. For eg, when I try to synch
> the files using C-x p G or do any other key binding listed in the
> project page, I get the error saying
>
> C-x p G is undefined

Looks like p4.el doesn't want to hijack the key

(if (not (keymapp (lookup-key global-map "\C-xp")))
    (define-key global-map "\C-xp" p4-prefix-map))

If you do a M-: (lookup-key global-map "\C-xp") RET what do you get? You
can also do C-h b and search for C-x p.

Or you can add the following line to your .emacs with 'p' replaced by
what is not in the global-map.

(define-key global-map "\C-xp" p4-prefix-map)

Jambunathan K.