execute a command with euc-jp

From: masashi ito
Subject: execute a command with euc-jp
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 20:29:34 -0400

Hello to everyone!

I have just joined the list, but been using emacs for about 10 years. Today, I
would like to ask you for help with lisp functions.

I have tried to define a function (my first experience) to execute another
function (howm-menu) with a specified encoding (euc-jp).

What I have ever tried is:
(defun myhowm-menu-eucjp ()
       "to show howm menu with eucjp"
   (interactive)
   (universal-coding-system-argument 'euc-jp)
   (howm-menu)
)

But this (M-x myhowm-menu-eucjp) prompts me to enter a "command to execute
with euc-jp," but does not initiate the command, howm-menu. What should I do
to run the command, howm-menu, with the euc-jp encoding automatically without
prompting me to enter "howm-menu."

Thank you in advance,

Masashi Ito