modified line markers in emacs

From: Adam Visegradi
Subject: modified line markers in emacs
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:55 -0000

Hi all!

I've done some google-ing on this with no avail.

There is a feature in other editors like Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.,
which I'd like to see in Emacs. When a line is modified, it's marked
with a (usually) yellow bar on its left, and when it's saved, the bar
changes to green. This way I can easily see my recent modifications in
a code.

I couldn't find anything on Google, because I'm not even sure how this
feature is called. With 'annotation', mostly svn results turn up,
'markers' seem to mean the markers on the scrollbar showing positions
of errors, warnings, etc. in the code.

Do you know any minor mode which grants this feature? Or how it is
called in the first place.

Thanks!
Adam