Re: Emacs ViewMail: IMAP protocol error

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Emacs ViewMail: IMAP protocol error
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:04 -0000

Ritchie <ritchiecai@gmail.com> writes:

> Anybody is using viewmail on OS X? I'm trying to use it, but after
> installing stunnel 4.35 using macport, when I try to visit an IMAP
> account inbox, i got the following error:
>
> IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

Not sure, but I believe this is a known issue with recent stunnel
versions. (I do recall seeing posts about problems with mac and stunnel
on the emacs-dev list). My recommendation would be to post to the
gnu.emacs.vm.info list and maybe check the bug tracker at
http://launchpad.net/~vm. Would be good to know what version ov vm your
running as well.

Tim

--