[auctex] error buffer bug on ubuntu maverick

From: Alain Bertrand
Subject: [auctex] error buffer bug on ubuntu maverick
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:07 -0000

Hi all,

I am using emacs/auctex on ubuntu maverick. Since the former release of ubuntu, emacs shows a strange behaviour when I encounter a compile error.

Suppose I have two windows opened side by side with my tex buffer on the left. With the old and normal behaviour, C-c ` would opens the tex help buffer on the right while retaining the tex buffer on the left. Now, C-c ` opens the tex help buffer on the right but on the left, the tex buffer is replaced by an empty "debian" buffer. Replacing my .emacs with a new, empty one doesn't help.

Any insight ?

Alain