Re: Emacs as a C Programming IDE Configuration?

From: rusi
Subject: Re: Emacs as a C Programming IDE Configuration?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:41 -0000

On Apr 29, 5:21 pm, hjuvi <hjuvi-goo...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> This is a litlle bit biased because I'm the author of the package, but
> I suggest you have a look at this:http://home.gna.org/emacs-ide/
> "True" emacs users might not like it, because it does try to turn
> Emacs into a "traditionnal" IDE, but some people find it very
> useful... :)

Very interesting...
I dont want to get into the whats-a-true-emacs-user argument

On the one hand Ive used emacs for just 20 years and seem to know less
and less of it with each passing year :-)

However I use enough of it that if emacs-ide changes things
significantly (outside of the ide part which of course is fine) I'd
have a bit of a wrestling match.

Can you elaborate a bit on this aspect?