Re: Printer definition

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Printer definition
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:47 -0000

> The problem is that, for some reason, the flag to the lpr command was
> set to "-d"
> instead of  "-P" even though Emacs knows it's a Unix-like system
> (Solaris).

"lp -d<printer>" is a standard Unix command, and lpr.el apparently
thinks it's the right command to use for your system.  IIRC Solaris
indeed has an "lp" command (tho my experience with Solaris is from many
years ago), so normally all you have to do is (setq printer-name
"HP4050HM_FDx").  Have you tried to simply remove the (setq lpr-command
"lpr")?

Admittedly, maybe lpr-printer-switch should be automatically updated to
"-P" if you set lpr-command to "lpr".

        Stefan