Emacs as C++-IDE

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Emacs as C++-IDE
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:52 -0000

Hello,

a question of interest [*] to the C++ programmers using Emacs.

I asked a C++ developer who had written up something about using
KDevelop as C++-IDE what were the advantages compared with Emacs, and he
answered as follows:

  http://www.dealii.org/~archiver/dealii/msg06854.html

Is his description adequate?  Or has Emacs comparable functionality
(maybe via TAGS, or others).

Nicolas

[*] I myself usually program in Common Lisp and do not have immediate
    use for the information.