find file and file not found hook issues

From: Perry Smith
Subject: find file and file not found hook issues
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:52:15 -0500

Note, I've not had a message on this list since 8 a.m. this morning.  Is there
a log jam again?

I've asked about this before and got some help and now I'm back.

I hook in to find-file-not-found-functions.  The environment has a "sandbox"
which has an incomplete directory tree.  At the top is a symbolic link to the
backing tree.  Backing tree's can also be backed.

My function which is hooked in to the find-file-not-found-functions finds a
good path to the desired file and then calls find-alternat-file.  All this
works good.

If I split my screen and then do find file in other window (instead of find
file), the window that I start from also changes and shows the new file.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

Thank you for your help,
Perry