Re: Char code to Emacs string.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Char code to Emacs string.
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:36:20 -0400

> From: Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenko@bifit.com.ua>
> Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:31:46 +0300
>
> What if I have some bytes and know its charset/coding and want convert
> to Emacs string?

If I understand correctly what you want, it's decode-coding-string (if
those "bytes" are given a string) or decode-coding-region (if they are
in a buffer).

If this is not what you want, please explain why and provide more
details/context for what you want to accomplish.

> and also how get list of coding names for they.

Not sure what you mean here.  If you want the full list of the
encodings supported by Emacs, then "C-h C TAB" will show them.  Is
that you are looking for?