Re: How to disable mouse click on modeline?

From: Yue Wu
Subject: Re: How to disable mouse click on modeline?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:05:48 +0800

From: "Yue Wu" <vanopen@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:22:31 +0800

I want to disable mouse left/middle/right click behaviors on the
modeline, how to do it?

Does the below help?

  (global-set-key [mode-line mouse-1] 'ignore)
  (global-set-key [mode-line mouse-2] 'ignore)
  (global-set-key [mode-line mouse-3] 'ignore)

You will still have problems with parts of the mode line that define
their own bindings, though.  If you want to disable those as well, you
will have to redefine mode-line-format without the mouse bindings.

Thanks for pointing out the way, it works mostly, but click on the buffer name/infos on the modeline still has effects, maybe I have to redefine the modeline for it, though I don't know elisp at all, an example will be appreciated :)

--
Regards,
Yue Wu

Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University(中國藥科大學)
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China