How to make autocomplete use tag-completions?

From: Asis Hallab
Subject: How to make autocomplete use tag-completions?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:32:56 +0200

Dear Emacers,

I am using exuberant ctags to index my source and library-files
in a RubyOnRails-Project. I run ctags on both my source- and GEM_HOME-Folders.
This enables code-completion, of course on a non-semantic-level, all matching strings are suggested.

As I like autocomplete a lot, I would really love not to have to pick my choice from another emacs-buffer, as complete-tag offers, but to have autocomplete add all items from 'tags-completion-table, once it is populated with the tag-names from my project's TAGS-file.

The autocomplete-documentation (http://cx4a.org/software/auto-complete/) has a ac-dictionary variable, which I would like to populate with the above 'tags-completion-table.
As I am a LISP-Newby, I do not know, how to achieve this.

I would have to do something as simple as the following pseudo-code:

(add-to-list 'ac-user-dictionary "all-entries-from-tags-completion-table")

or

(setq ac-user-dictionary 'tags-completion-table)

I tried many variations, but without success!

Help will be much appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards!
Josef Schmitz